I thought we were living successfully because we have electricity, water and have not had anything repossessed....yet. I guess I was wrong. I don't see how anyone does. For example, if a person made a $1000 a month, he is supposed to put $333.33 a month away in savings in order to be considered successful. He just puts it away cause he doesn't need it. What? I guarantee that person lives with his mom and spends the other $666.66 on Wii games and pizza.
I don't know about you, but I got bills. Who doesn't? We pay the bills and are responsible about them but stuff happens and sometimes it can get tight. Just last week our garage door spring snapped and the door was stuck in the down position. My husband thinks it had something to do with the kids hanging off the door while it was trying to open the other day. The bill was over $200! Kids are expensive.
It seems like every time we save a little bit, something happens. You might be wondering about our retirement savings. Never fear! We have a plan! Have you seen that new reality show "BBQ Pitmasters"? It is my new favorite show and it is all about these people traveling across the country competing in barbeque contests.
I LOVE barbeque! I am especially crazy about ribs. I could eat ribs all day!
Around our house we don't use no skimpy napkins when we eat our BBQ, we use whole towels. If you don't get it all over you while you are eating it, you are eating it wrong. So anyway, I have been paying close attention to the heating times, dry rubs, cookers used, and general methods of cooking ribs on the show. When the time comes to retire, we are going to sell our house and travel the country cooking BBQ! I would consider that living successfully.
1 comment:
I volunteer to be your taste-tester ! :) Hey, at least you have a plan. I'm going to sponge off my kid.
Post a Comment